Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready!

So, I went into Target today just to check out my oh so favorite... "The Dollar Spot" (and yes, I will drive 45 minutes to the closest Target JUST to visit "The Dollar Spot" and yes, it must be referred to by it's full name or "D.T.S." [kinda like "The Wal-Mart"]. Everyone has been blogging about their fantabulous finds, so I finally gave in! While I was prepared (kind of)to see all of the school stuff in "T.D.S." (and I did find some cool stuff that I am excited about) I was in NO WAY, SHAPE, or FORM ready to see the "Back to School" section FULLY stocked! I didn't even get excited to see ALL of the new school supplies (a favorite of mine since I was IN Kindergarten) all I felt was sick to my stomach. I didn't even stroll through the aisles! I am soooo not ready to go back. It seems like summer has just begun. I am going to a Kindergarten Conference at the Lake of the Ozarks next week, so I'm hoping it's going to kick my hiney into school mode! Anywho, here is a pic of my "T.D.S." finds.

Left to Right/Top to Bottom:
glitter pompoms, Dr. Seuss totes, hall passes (I've never used these before, but think I'm going to give them a try), This is the sun or is it?, rhyming cards, color cards, counting puzzles, alphabet puzzles, number stamps (Fran at Kindergarten Crayons blogged about these), glittered zipper pouches

I pretty excited about my finds, and I do have plans for them. I will blog more about them when I get everything put together.

P.S. I also picked up a package of Project Poppers at Target. Thankfully, they only had the primary colors in stock (of course, I would've bought both)because I found the bright colors in the clearance section at The Wal-Mart! So excited!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky on the clearance find:) I'm split...I'm excited about decorating my room but the thought of the first 2 weeks (training, meetings, starting classroom mgt. with the kiddos, open house....) overwhelms me!!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you teaching in MO or just attending a conference there? I really wish I was going to it! (I'm in MO too by the way).

    I'm your newest follower. Come on over and follow me!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Tessa, I am from MO...about 2 hours from the Lake. I've been very lucky because this is the 3rd year in a row that I've been able to attend this conference. It's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's way too early! I just keep telling myself it's because they start school earlier down south, and walk right on by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I do the same thing. My summer vacation just started! I wasn't done until June 24th. I so have to get me some Project Poppers. I forgot to look but need them so I can be like Mrs. Jump, my hero!
    Heather
    Kinder By Golly

    ReplyDelete